Sunday 26 June 2016

Ramadhan Combo Box - behind the scene

Alhamdulillah, the RCB project went smoothly. I am yet to finish few boxes and off goes the RCB.

If I can share few things that I learn from this project is that:

1. Choose your target market

Well in my world obviously there are only families and friends because I don't have fan base like all the reknowned brands have.

2. Think about their needs

For my target market, they are all fast-paced, on the go type of people. I know because during my chambering times, I really don't have time to consider (let alone think and ponder over) a small small matter and that includes ordering cake!

At first glance, u may be thinking that this is such a bummer but if you try to look deeper, they are the ones who can spend but cannot put their effort and time into considering what to spend on.

3. How much they are likely to spend

During my chambering period, my allowance is only rm1,000 per month. Apparently every single cent counts but now that everyone is stable economically but not there yet to spend lavishly, the price has to be right. If it is too expensive, target market will easily put off. Yup, no matter how "premium" your ingredients are, no matter how you market, it will not entice them.

4. Choose the product base on what your target market will most likely buy without thinking twice

So, base on the target market I have chosen, I really can't give them option because they are not the kind who can spend their time wondering what to buy. That is why I only come out with one product.

5. Capacity

Because I am the baker, the delivery guy, the purchasing department and everything else that the business needs, I have to think of something I can make really fast, hassle free and the product must be good at room temprature for quite long.

And as I mention earlier, my target market is the kind of people who are so hectic, they wouldn't order 2-3 days in advance. So most of the time I really have to have ready stock in hand.

6. Method of buying

Method of ordering & buying must also be really easy for them. Again, because the target market are busy people. Delivery is also very very welcomed by most.
........................................................

After all of these are taken into consideration, I started my RCB project with a hope that maybe I can save few hundreads before raya but you know what they say how blessing this holy month would be. The sale was really beyond my expection.

Had to close the order early because my hands are full. Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah (not complaining at all).

And I have to really thank my dear husband. He is the brain behind this project and the biggest support! Despite by his hectic work schedule, I am so touched that he is still willing to help me "catching up" with my dream. May Allah bless him.

Hope my little sharing benefits who ever is reading. Ramadhan Mubarak everyone!

No comments: