So right now as I'm typing I'm actually waiting for my mum to bring home mushroom and cream to make mushroom quiche- talk about not postponing things :p
I was drooling over it since I skipped the part where the chef was actually making it on tlc few minutes ago *sigh* I thought skipping that part would save me from craving over it but I was wrong!
Mushroom Quiche Ala Wawa
For the crust:
100g chilled and chopped unsalted butter
Flour-start with 1 cup and add as you go
1. Using your finger tips gently rub the butter and flour.
2. Add more flour until it forms crumbs.
3. Then when it forms crumbs and the dough doesn't stick to the bowl, add in the egg and mix well.
4. If the dough is sticky add about 1 tbs flour (or more) and mix until it doesn't stick to the hands nor bowl. 5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Open Evidence book and study while waiting :p
6. Next, press the dough into a 9 inch pie dish.*I know I know u should roll the dough first but consider this the wawa style~ lol*
7. Pull excess dough and put a baking paper on top. Place rice @ beans and bake for 20 minutes at 190 dc until crust turns golden brown.
2 tbs butter
1 onion- dice
1 can of 200g button mushroom
100 g Mozarella cheese
200ml dairy whipping cream
1. Heat the pan, put in butter, melt it and put in onion until golden brown. Then put in mushroom, pepper,salt and nutmeg to taste. (You can substitute mushroom with something else e.g. chicken, meat etc) Set aside.
2. Lightly whisk eggs and cream and put in the #1 ingredient. Mix well. Pour onto the crust.
3. Bake for 30 minutes at 200 dc or until the filling is set and the top turns golden brown.
|Yeah when u cant resist the guilt of not studying, u should keep the book close to u just so u feel better ;)|
P/s: my mom is kicking me out of the house because I am just too lazy to study for the finals which will start next week :( She said I'd better off be in the campus with my friends. She just can't trust me alone with the oven right now. Bribing her with apple crumble or cupcake no longer work these days..sheeeshhh.. T_T