Wednesday 13 April 2016

Brownies

I had this perfect brownies recipe but I forgot where I saved it (yup good old recipe cards still win). I really need to write down my tested recipe properly in my book this time so I won't loose it.

My definition of a perfect brownie is simple; my husband can munch it clean in 5 seconds. He is not a chocolate fan so that would be a gold medal for a brownie. Only perfect brownie can score that kind of achievement ok!

So now I'm still en route to the perfect chewy fudgy and crackled top brownie. Bear with me until I found the perfect one! Hehe..

This one is a fudgy but quite cakey brownie (baking powder alert) but I love the chocolatey goodness of it. Sharing this recipe for blog update sake -_-

Brownies

250g dark chocolate (using local beryl's new intense chocolate)
120g butter (using butterlite)

3 large eggs
230g brown sugar

140g flour
30g cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder

Direction:

1. Preheat oven at 170C and grease 8×8 baking pan. Cover bottom of pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate using double boiler technique. Once melted, turn off heat and add butter. Whisk until combine.
3. In another bowl whisk eggs and brown sugar until combined and whisk in the chocolate mixture.
4. Using spatula, fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder (yup i didnt sift it). Mix well until the mixture becomes sort of gooey.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
6. I test the doneness by moving the pan (slowly to the left and right) and if the brownies are done it will not have that wobbly movement in the centre. Please don't use the clean skewer test.

Thank u for reading!

No comments: